Tuesday, June 24, 2014

We Met Victoria!


Today was a very special day for me as I got to meet our sponsored child, Victoria, at the Point of Hope.  We have prayed for her each week as our children in our ministry gave their offerings for her.  To meet her, see her smiling face and give her hugs was an awesome privilege for me.  These children are all so simple, so uncluttered and not distracted by all the trappings of this world . . . it was actually refreshing.
We were able to share the Gospel with the children during our Bible Story time and they were so receptive.  I stressed the fact that God made them, God loves them and has provided a way for them to be with Him forever through Jesus Christ.  It was such a sweet time.
This week has broadened my little world to encompass the beautiful people of Romania and I understand in a deeper, more profound way His unconditional, deep, deep love for all humanity that He has made in His image.  I am just beginning to understand what Christ’s sacrificial love really means.

Blessings,
Laura Smith

No comments: