Thursday, July 10, 2014

Romania Changes Lives



A mission trip to Romania will change your life!  I've experienced this, as has anyone else who has been blessed with the chance to come here.  I was moved by Bailey Russell's words when she described the change she has experienced.  Read on to be blessed by this young woman's testimony!

Bailey with two girls from the community

Bailey says:
When I first came to Romania, I knew that this trip would make a difference in my life, but I never expected it to make this much of an impact. On the first day of VBS, we sorted out groups by age, and even though my group had no idea who I was, they acted as if they had known me for years. The amount of love these children have for the team is unbelievable, but the knowledge they hold of the Bible and their love for Jesus is even more incredible. Even though there is a language barrier, these children and adults in the community are still making an imprint on my life. Maria, a girl that walks with me every day, told one of the translators that she wished she was in my shoes- living in America and being "pretty", but Maria is the beautiful one. These children are some of the most beautiful people I have ever met, inside and out. These families might not even have electricity or running water in their home, but they are always smiling, loving on the team, and having fun.

This trip has definitely made me think about the way I live at home- the fact that I do have a family that can afford to feed me everyday, that gives me all the love and support I need and encourages me throughout life, and supplies me things that aren't a necessity. I couldn't be more thankful for the things I have, but I just wish I could provide these families with the things I am blessed with at home. Today, especially, is a hard day for myself because it is the last day of VBS, and the last day that I have to make an influence on the children's lives. I wish that my mission here wasn't almost over, but I cannot wait to make a difference in more lives throughout my life.

Wow, wasn't that just wonderful?!?   I've been very impressed with Bailey and the rest of the team as they've worked hard this week to make an impact in the lives of this community.  I've also enjoyed seeing their lives being impacted by the work as well.

Please be in prayer for the team as they finish their last day of VBS.  It is always hard to say goodbye to people who have changed your heart.  Pray that God gives them comfort and knowledge that their impact will last forever!

No comments: