Monday, July 7, 2014

Visiting the Gypsy Church

After many flights, and some unexpected delays, our team made it to Tarnaveni very early Sunday morning. They enjoyed a brief rest and then we attended the Gypsy Church in the community served by Point of Hope.  Two of our team members, Allie and Anthony Bruno, give you their impressions: 

Allie says,
Yesterday, my husband and I, along with 15 members of our missions team, attended the Gypsy church inside of the Point of Hope community. The passion flowed through the room, and I was amazed at the hearts these people have for Christ. While there is a language barrier, it was evident by their actions and emotions that their faith didn't need to be vocally understood to be felt and admired. I would love to see this kind of Christian reliance and devotion in our churches back home! Witnessing the love in this place will give your heart a whole new outlook on how you worship the Lord!

Anthony wrote, 
On sunday, my wife, Allie, and I, along with 15 other people went to a gypsy church for the first time. It was an experience that I will not soon forget. When we got there, I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew it would be hot, crowded, and in a language that I don't understand. However when we got there I began noticing things about the people I never would have guessed. The people were very enthusiastic, and it was apparent that they loved Jesus. However, it was church as I had never experienced before. Many people spoke, and many more sang. They had a testimony time, where someone could stand up and share if they wanted to. They sang songs and love to worship God. They are a people who are aware of their sin and are broken for it. They want to go out in their community and share Jesus and they are broken for their community. It was refreshing to see real brothers and sisters in Christ that are walking with Christ and have a thirst for knowledge of him. I am so thankful for the opportunity to go and worship with these people.

Please be in prayer for our team as we continue to work alongside this community and build their faith.  Also, stay tuned for more reflections from different team members!!

No comments: