Monday, June 27, 2016

Final thoughts from Camp Harghita 2016

Translator Alice and Jackson
relaxing between busy times
Here are 2 final testimonies from the team who traveled to Romania to serve some severely at-risk children.

Today was a pretty rough day. We had our meeting & it was pretty hard getting to the chapel without the kids coming with. Then, when the meeting was over, we had to eat breakfast with these kids, knowing that in just 1 hour, we would all be leaving. We had some time left with the kids to wrap up, tell them we love them, and that we would see them again, even if it wouldn't be on this earth. We watched the kids pack up while we were all a mess. We said "Te Iubesc" ("I love you") and hugged them. Then we stood there and just watched them in the bus for what seemed like eternity. Once they left, we packed up and took off on our nice long six hour bus ride back to Bucharest, where we would stay for the night until 5 am. This week was life-changing, and I will never forget the kids. They have impacted my life so greatly.  - Jackson Lind


Grace Wolbrecht. Pose?
I knew going home would be the most difficult part of the trip, but I had no idea how attached to these wonderful kids I would become. Romania is a beautiful country, but these children are even more so. They love so much even when they don't recieve it themselves. My heart is completely crushed knowing that I might never see them ever again, but I know what we accomplished here. We showed the truth of God's love for them. Though it pains me to walk away, our team has left them with a new hope and, for many of them, a renewed faith. I pray that these children continue to feel the love that we feel for them, but most of all, what eternal love God has for them. - Gracie Wolbrecht



The team has arrived home safely and will be resting up for the next couple days! If you are interested in going on one of our mission trips please look at the video below and visit our mission tip page HERE.


No comments: