Sunday, July 12, 2015

A Happy Return!

"So Happy to return to the Point of Hope Development Center today! Our morning began with play time! A sponsor day to meet the children attending the school was so fun! I went upstairs to play with a group of older kids, 3 girls instantly meet me with hugs and kisses.  A beautiful girl named Othelia would not let go of me.  She had a smile that lit up the room.  Then went and found Kaitlyn's sponsored child, Angel.  Was great to see how much he has grown since we met him.  (Also saw little Dennis!) After that, a home visit with a kindergarten student and her family.  Had a few minutes to play with her and meet her brother and beautiful baby sister. So sad to see the poverty.  Not sure where the father was, and her brother suffered from epilepsy.  My heart broke for this family. 
      As we left that home,  I found Rita! She is the cleaning lady at the school and reminds me of my Grandma.  I gave her a haircut the last time I was here, and had never had such a happy customer! When she was coming down the road, I flew into her arms and we hugged and cried and giggled!
     A very special stop came next and there is no way to expect what was coming.  We visited a girl to deliver a gift sent by her sponsors, Dave & Kathy Ramp.  This little girl had been hit by a car a few months back, and was paralyzed.  She can't really see and can't talk.  But today, her parents had her standing up and she was trying to walk!  God is so good. As we were leaving the neighborhood, Othelia was there and I got more hugs and kisses! Then after we left, Jim tells us that this was the same family he had visited on his last trip here with Dennis Huston & Kevin Sack.  God sure does know how to work things, don't He?! 
     Now we are at camp preparing for 40 children who are all orphans, and I do not know how I am going to leave here.  These kids are going to get my heart and I can't wait to see what this week will bring.  And this setting in the mountains is unbelievable!  Thank you God for warming my heart today! So grateful to experience this with my daughter again. And AMEN."  - Tricia Danley , East Moline, IL


Kaitlyn & Angel Bosa



 
 

No comments: