Tuesday, July 14, 2015

"This Trip is Amazing"

Julie Keegan sharing God's love!

" Romania is amazing!  First we toured and learned the history, and my heart aches for what they have gone through in the last 30 years! Current history that our children learn in school!  Now we've met the products of the destruction they have gone through. The little ones from the Point of Hope - A family that lives in a 1 room apartment, smaller than a railroad car!  That family told us they were blessed to have happiness because they were all healthy!  Now the orphans... They laugh, play, dance, sing, give hugs & kisses.  Just like a child should.  They have the beset sense of humor. The thing I've notices that breaks my heart is when they are told no, they are over it and moving on like nothing else.  I find that very sad.  I want them to fight for what they want.  I want them to be able to stand up without being afraid.  These kids are so unselfish. Tonight a little one at our table won a marshmallow. Yes! a marshmallow.  He took a bite & handed the rest to the child next to him. They take care of each other - always!  I see it all day long - they cheer each other on, help each other know where they should be and are there to give hugs when needed.  Funny thing about this blog.... when I was approached to write one, my stomach went to my feet and I was promise I only had to write one paragraph!  SO much for thinking I couldn't possibly do this!  I have met very amazing dedicated people - they love what they do - taking care of God's children.  I am amazed how blessed I am to be here working along side will each and every one of them.  God's love shines through all of them. " - Julie Keegan
 
Morning devotions at the VBS camp!
 

No comments: