Tuesday, June 21, 2016

God Is On The Move!

Damian & Laura leading music!
Each day of camp the relationships between the kids and team deepens. While the team members are always concerned that they might not be connecting they are! Today we hear from Damian DeKezel from Cambridge, Illinois and Josie Lind from Walnut, Illinois. Damian is a first timer to Romania and Josie is on her 3rd trip. 

   God is on the move! An awesome song and it's really true! I seen it in a big way today.  I help Laura with the music each day. First day was hard because of the communication barrier. Not to take away from our translators because they're great. It's still takes a lot of work.
    Today though, God really moved in and took over! The kids made bells to shake during the song "eye of the Storm" by Ryan  Stevenson. We had all of them stand in a circle. The team sat in a circle in the middle. I was blessed to be the " conductor". The song started, and God took over. With all the struggles of language, there was none with this song. The team kept the beat perfectly with the "drum" cups and the kids came right in with their bells when the needed to. It was beautiful! It gave me goosebumps!!

   God is the ultimate Conductor and I was so humbled to do his work for him. Can't wait for tomorrow! -Damian DeKezel


Musical Chairs I am guessing!
   Yesterday was the first day of VBS, and it was chaos! There is a boy in my group who does not like to listen to directions, but he loves to make trouble. I could not get him to follow instructions all day! I decided to just try to love on him and be his bud, and at first he was declining.
   This morning, he and another boy in the group who was kind of quiet called out in a sing-song kind of voice, "Hey, Josie Lind," and they had me sit between them. Throughout the day, the misbehaving boy turned into one of my best friends, and the other boy called me his sister! These kids are the sweetest. It breaks my heart to think about leaving them! - Josie Lind


Our Awesome Christian Leaders!

Tomorrow we will be posting a complete update on how everyone is doing. Some of you are probably waiting for your family member of friend to have their turn sharing. No worries! Everyone will get their chance. We also hope to have many more pictures!

If you are interested in joining us on a future mission trip please check out our






No comments: