Friday, June 24, 2016

Day #4 at Camp Harghita!

I hope all of you are enjoying the words of the mission trip people who are assisting children at Camp Harghita in Romania. Some beautiful words are recorded today by Jenna Grimmer and Laura Richey. I ask that you read them and let them soak in to your heart. The work Another Child is doing in the world is truly amazing. We thank God each and every day that His name is being lifted high.


Gabi, Jenna, Josie & Markus leading worship!
I am overwhelmed with emotions. Romania is beautiful, the kids are awesome, and the team and translators are so much fun while we are working hard together. In just 4 days with the kids I have fallen in love with them. I am amazed at their willingness to give, love, and open up to us despite their past traumas. Today I learned a few of their stories and I was heartbroken for the kids. I totally underestimated the severity of some of their situations. My prayer for the kids and I ask all of you to pray as well, that they become something more than what they are set up to become. Also, that they would understand that humans fail us but God's love is perfect and he is always for us then their horrible traumas cannot stand against them.- Jenna Grimmer


 “The grasslands of the wilderness overflow; the hills are clothed with gladness. The meadows are covered with flocks and the valleys are mantled with grain; they shout for joy and sing.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭65:12-13‬ ‭NIV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

     During music time for vacation bible school this week, we’ve been talking about shouting for joy. It turns out that Romanian kids shout the same thing that kids back home shout when they are excited. They say “yay!”just as my little four year old daughter does when she thinks of anything she likes (a cookie, a game, her grandma, etc.!)

     I don’t know if God was thinking of Harghita at the time that He gave David the words to write Psalm 65, but this trip is definitely what I think of when I read it. Since this is my second time at Camp Harghita, I feel more aware of my surroundings, and even more amazed by the wonderful blessing it is to be here in this place God has set apart for His people to come together. Across land and sea, this team of Romanian and American workers joins a group of forty precious children in the mountains.


The team bangin' out a beat during music!
Yesterday, one of our multi-talented translators told me that one of the kids made a specific appointment with her to sit with us at lunch so we can talk about Jesus. Hearing her say those words was awesome, but writing them down right now makes me realize even more what a privilege it is to witness what God is doing in the lives of these kids. An eleven year old boy (almost the same age as my older daughter) wants to sit with us so he can talk about Jesus! I have a very strong feeling he could be the one teaching us. He is full of questions about God’s word, eager to learn, eager to be with those whom he hopes will encourage him in his faith.

     My heart says, “Lord, who are we that You should allow us such an opportunity, to share in the incredible work You are doing in this young man’s life? Who are we humans, that You should see us, care for us, send your Son to pay the penalty for our sins?"

     Lord, we are your instruments. Jesus, please give us more opportunities to talk about You and learn about You with our brothers and sisters here in Romania. We shout for joy!

“The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy.” - Laura Richey


Damian and the Shakers!

Relaxing between activities!

Katy hoopin it up!


No comments: