Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Father Abraham a Top Hit? Maybe in Romania!

Lance & friends!
What an amazing day!  So, we arrived at Point of Hope Center and I went upstairs to get ready for another day of music and fun with the little ones.  What a difference I experienced today compared to yesterday.  Although both days were quite rewarding, the kids were remarkably more comfortable with participating in the activities, at least for me.  It was amazing to see how the kids remembered me and couldn’t help but give me high fives and hugs along with big bright-eyed smiles as they came into the school.

My part of the ministry team was to provide songs and games for the kids.  Well, I must say, I never have had so much fun playing “Father Abraham” on the guitar as I did today.  The kids just could not get enough of that song along with the motions of moving various appendages and having a silly fun time.  After I was done, (feeling a bit dizzy) I lay down on the floor only to find several small bodies reclining against me and giving affection.  I felt so good affirming these loving kids.  All I could think about is the scripture where Jesus said “As you have done to the least of these, so you have done unto me.” 

After several fun songs and an explanation about them and how Jesus loves us, the kids were excited to receive their shoes.  What a blessing to see their faces light up with those shoes.  I had one young boy come up to me with his black and green shoes that had flashing lights and show them off to me a few inches from my face and danced on the floor to show me how they would light up.  I am not sure which was brighter, the shoe lights or his smile.  I also had several children ride on my back and ask me to lift them up. The language of love transcended the language barrier.


The love of the Lord was all over Point of Hope as those children came to and fro with the many activities for the day.  I never saw one sad face.  Really.  Thank you Heavenly Father for making such an impact on these children that I know will last forever. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love checking in and hearing about all of the wonderful experiences everyone is having. The children are really going to miss each one of you as you have touched their hearts through God. What an amazing experience to be able to feel! No one will quite understand everything you have done and seen which will bond you as a group in a way only you guys will know. But it is great to be able to experience as much as I can through the blog. I am just so touched by all of you! The work you have prepared, the love you have put in, and the everyday going with the flow and the days with not knowing what will take place next. This blog has just been so inspiring. Keep praying, motivating, loving, trusting, and experiencing the work of God! My prayers continue to be with you all!