Saturday, July 7, 2012

Transylvania and more!

Our first couple of days in Romanian have been wonderful thus far.  No vampire sitings as of yet.  Being in the heart of Transylvania has conjured up many images in the minds of our travelers.  But, we've manage to avoid any bats, vampires, were-wolves or any other mythical creatures.

The worst of our adventure so far is that I can't figure out how to upload a picture from my phone to this blog!  I know, I know, any number of you would have it up in a flash.  Connor would be rolling his eyes at me right now, incredulous that I can't "just do it, Dad!", if it weren't for the fact that it is 1:55 AM and his eyes are shut in deep slumber right now.  Wish I could just wake him up and get him to make it happen.  Oh well, I'm sure Noble and/or Scott will have some pics and maybe even some video up soon.

Oh, wait, I just got a text message on my phone that says some photos are ready to upload and share.  Maybe all I had to do is wait???!!!



Hallelujah, it worked!  This was sunrise on our first morning in Romania.  What a beautiful country.  We are looking forward to a "mountaintop" experience with the Lord in the days to come.

Tomorrow, or I should say, later today, we will be joining our brothers and sisters in the Lord for worship at Libertatti Baptist Church in Targu Mures.  We will be leading in worship tomorrow evening, so please be praying for us.  Especially pray that we will be clear in our message and be an inspiration for our fellow christians here in Romania.  I'm looking so forward to seeing the youth share their talents and be used of God to minister to others.  Looking forward, also to hearing some of our adult team members belt out some tunes!

By the way, I had the team all prepared for cooler weather here in Romania.  Last year at this time our team was shivering, especially at night.  Well, God definitely has a  sense of humor!  This year it is in the mid 90s!  and it's humid.  Sound familiar, Lafayette?  We are praying for some cooler weather this week.  It was in the 60s on our first morning, so maybe God will gives some hints of mountaintop air a bit this week.

No comments: