Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Cherishing Each Moment!

Sydney & Kayla at the Point of Hope
Development Center
 "Hello from Romania!  Our trip is about half over now and I am just absolutely loving it!  So far, we have been sightseeing, helped at the point of Hope, got to talk with some of the residents living there in Tarnaveni and got to visit some homes.  I loved helping at the Point of Hope!  Currently, we are doing a VBS camp for about 40 orphans.  They are all so sweet and generous I have noticed that each and every one of them look out for each other.  They love giving hugs, laughing, playing, and dancing.  A lot of them are starting to open up more to us and expressing their feelings.  I've also had the pleasure to get very close with a few of them.  I think it is going to be very difficult to leave.  Until then, I am going to cherish every moment I have with these kids!" - Sydney Sweenie.

"It has been an amazing 6 days so far!  Its neat to see how close you can get with these kids in just a few short days.  Its sad to think that we will be saying good bye soon.  It is so neat to see how unselfish these kids are - they are always offering to take your plate at dinner for you.  They are always giving kisses, hugs, and 'I Love You's' - Kayla Sweenie



No comments: