Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Learning Journey Continues!

For those of you following the experiences of Alicia and Kirsten thank you. I know they will be so excited to be able to personally share much more about their experiences than just a few lines on a blog post. However, I know they have had a awesome experience and the staff in Romania has been treating them very well. Both, Alicia and Kirsten have told me how much they appreciate the dedication and professionalism of the entire Fundatia Buckner staff in Romania.

Below is a post for Alicia Carter.


Today we got to spend more wonderful time with the sweet Roma kids. I'm amazed at the joy and love they all display despite the state of poverty they are constantly surrounded by, except when they are at the Point of Hope. I struggle to put into words how emotional these last two days have been. I'll deeply miss the kid's constant smiles, hugs, a precious little hand always holding mine, or sweet voices constantly greeting us with a gracious "hello!" or "good morning!" at all times of the day =) I really don't want to leave them. I wish I could stay and remind them every day that Jesus loves them and has a wonderful plan for their life and reassure them when they doubt that they CAN dream and dream BIG! But I also can't wait to get home and share all of the stories we have and the information we've gained so we can do our best to help raise awareness about what God is doing in the lives of these amazing Roma kids!
“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’ For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me."
Matthew 25:40, 35‭-‬36‭

I can't just sit at home and live my "comfortable" life knowing how much these children are suffering. I must do my part to help them. These children need a voice, and I'm blessed to have been chosen to be just one of many that God is rising up!  -Alicia

No comments: